Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bad Hair Days

Each of the boys wanted me to give them summer mohawks. Whether it's right or wrong, we don't allow them to have mohawks during the school year. However, once summer rolls around I pull out the clippers and do my very best to shave a couple of straight lines across the tops of their heads. The sides are actually trimmed low rather than shaved so I guess they are more fauxhawks than true mohawks.

When I was little I really wanted to have spiked hair like Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon. Though they weren't thrilled, my parents let me do it. The barber, unfortunately, had no idea what he was doing and botched it pretty badly. In the years since I've had a mullet, chin-length bangs, feathered hair, and a 1/8 inch buzz cut. Suddenly those mohawks don't look so bad.